Friday

Delicacy of the Day: Black Soap

Delicacy of the Day: 


African Black Soap


While I have seen this diddy lots of times in stores and at kiosks in malls it went viewed but not purchased. Unfortunately, it went the way of Kente cloth, appreciated but at a distance. However because of my friend, Mayci Neal, for me at least it has become a new love.


My 10 year old is peaking early, call it a family gift/curse and with these peaks come you guessed it acne. While we have tried Aveeno, a favorite, Neutrogena, the orange bar and that worked when she was a newborn. These tried and true remedies seemed to fail when it came to my daughters still baby soft skin. 


We looked at obvious signs such as diet, cleanliness, outside elements and all seemed to be better than average. ( No applause necessary, the jolt to am I being a good parent is always ever present, I believe they call this condition: grey hairs). Still nothing worked and the Pro-activ commercial that keeps playing during on - demand shows of the Regular Show and Gumball were starting to get to me. 


I confess it wasn't only my daughter's vigorous washing leaving patches of dry and shiny on her face that worried me but my husband and my own battles with teen acne that pushed me forward. 


Anyhoo, I am happy to report that after less than one week of use all of our skin is a lot clearer and getting better every day. Yes, every day. 


Below you will find out about the benefits of black soap and also how its made and for more on Mayci, stay tuned she will be opening an online store so you too can benefit from her findings.


Have a Lush N' Verdant Day!





African black soap is soft with an organic shape. It has a delicate texture and a natural, earthy smell. It is not oily, and can be used for hands, face, body and hair. It is most commonly found in Ghana, however other countries have their versions of black soap as well. Other words for black soap are Alata Samina, Anago Samina which comes from the Twi language in northern Ghana.

Benefits of black soap:


- Natural black soaps help deep clean skin.
Black soap works on most skin types including rough and dry or sensitive skin.
- Help clear skin bumps and spots by using black soap daily.
- Helps relieve acne, oily skin & other skin problems.
- Black soap is also great for removing makeup.
Black soap benefits against premature facial lines and wrinkles.
- Black soap can also be lathered and used as an effective shampoo.


http://africaimports.com/black-soap-benefits.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment