Hormones and weight gain can cause you to look a little unlike yourself , and well that's because you aren't yourself, you are now selves for a little while anyway. Well while you are giving the wonderful gift of life don't forget that you and your appearance are important too.
Here are some tips from Lush and Verdant that may help you look your maternity best.
Keep your hair longer and cut it in layers to frame the face. The more volume, the smaller your face appears. You can also use bronzer and or contour your cheeks and and forehead. Bronzing and contouring helps re-shape the face into a more slenderized look.
For tips on how to contour the face please see this video.
Also don't forget to use an oil free cleanser (unless your body has changed to not like oil-free cleansers) Sometimes pregnancy can cause a surge in hormones that have the body producing more oil that could result in unwanted acne and blemishes.
Hormones can also cause pregnant women to develop sunspots or melasma to parts of their body and face. Use a high SPF on your face every single day and wear a hat when you will be outside to prevent and minimize these sunspots. If this does not prevent some sun spots etc, you can find relieve in such cosmetic brands as Dermablend, and or Fashion Fair.
Above all drink plenty of water. Drinking water helps keep your skin hydrated so you appear even more radiant, and has the added benefit of keeping you from having unecessary contractions due to dehydration.
Keep Your Youthful Appearance or Make it Look Better!
Look at what the experts say about reducing wrinkles and removing age spots and tested the old myths for you.
1. Don't overwash. The skin's natural oils protect skin and keep it moist. Washing your face too often strips the skin of these vital oils and can cause dryness and irritation. This may cause your skin to look dull and aged. Staying clean is important, but so is being gentle to your skin.
2. Eat the right produce. Many fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds that are great for your skin.
3. Moisturize. Moisturizing is vital for healthy skin, especially during the fall and winter months. As you grow older, your skin dries out. Moisturizers soften lines and wrinkles and keep skin moist for a healthy glow. Protect against future wrinkles and keep skin hydrated by using a daily moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher.
4. Feast on fish. Increasing fish in your diet can be great for your skin. Salmon is full of antioxidants and is the all-around best fish to eat for your skin. Try adding tuna on top of a salad or cooking salmon with veggies in a stir-fry or on skewers.
5. Get your beauty sleep. Nighttime is your body's time to mend and renew your skin. Depriving your body of sufficient sleep may also be depriving your skin of the time it needs to repair. The best time for the skin to absorb facial products is at night. To make the most of this time, apply a nighttime skin treatment and sink into bed ready to fight aging.
6. Hydrate. Keep your skin hydrated. Water is a great way to do so. "If your skin is dry, fine lines and roughness develop, and your skin will look older and less radiant."
7. Try a home remedy. To get a healthier glow at home, try using a natural alpha hydroxy acid. "Gently smooth the inside of a lemon, lime or papaya peel over your skin in the evening before going to bed to effectively slough off dead skin cells and reveal fresh, new, radiant cells underneath," Jacknin suggests. "You also can lighten age spots with fresh lemon juice applied twice a day with a cotton swab," she adds.
8. Get out of the sun. Without sun protection, people who spend lots of time outdoors often develop skin that makes them look older than their actual age. Staying out of the sun is ideal, but if you need to be in the sun, sunscreen is a must for preventing skin damage. Jacknin stresses, "The most important habit to develop to prevent wrinkles and age spots is to apply a full-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 15 or greater to your face and hands every morning, even if you are just driving to work in the car."
Protect your hair color from fading and damage!
Protect your hair from damage caused by coloring by using deep conditioning treatments. It's nothing we aren't sure you haven't heard before but it bears repeating. Deep conditioning treats your strands to the royal treatment as well as gives your hair the moisture your hair needs to prevent stress and damage.
A breathtaking selection of soft shimmery hues for every makeup fan. The Spring collection features a broad range of shades that include bold rich shimmering colors and pastels. High-shimmer, high-pigment formula creates a playful and sophisticated looks for any time, event or occasion. Color applies smoothly and evenly. Get Yours Today!