Here are some guidelines on how to wear orange lipstick -
Notes throughout are also gathered from this site:
- Choosing the right shade :
- The new color of the season is Orange, and its about time too, orange is my favorite color. Orange lipsticks have come in a variety of shades they range from bright, pale and neon to rusty browns.
- The first step to pulling off orange lipstick is choosing a shade that looks good on your skin tone. In general, on warmer/duskier Indian skin tones, rusty oranges , brownish oranges and brick-orange shades go much better than bright or neon oranges.
- Eye makeup : Here are a few eye makeup looks that look great with orange lipstick:
- Strong contoured eye : Light wash of neutral matte shade all over crease , dark brown eye shadow in crease and outer corner to define and deepen the crease, black liner on upper lash line, bare waterline and mascara. T
- Metallics : Wash of gold/bronze all over lid, brown/black liner, kohl and mascara (dark brown in crease-optional) gives a beautiful warm toned look that looks very good on Indian skin tones. I chose this today picture above on the right.
- Soft smokey brown eyes : Start by smudging brown eye pencil on the lid, soften the crease and corner, apply a frosty or matte brown eye shadow all over the lid and blend it out at the crease. Apply kohl and smudge it with the same brown eye shadow. Finish with mascara. This gives a soft brown smokey eye that looks great with orange lips.
- Choice of shade : I have chosen a rusty orange shade from
- Revlon matte range ‘Misty Rust’. I highly recommend this shade to everyone- it is a very wearable orange lipstick.