Step 1: Know Your Skin Type
Who doesn't want great-looking skin? Start by knowing your skin type. Then you'll know how to take care of it.
· Dry skin is flaky, scaly, or rough.
· Oily skin is shiny, greasy, and may have big pores.
· Combination skin is dry in some spots (cheeks) and oily in others (forehead, nose, and chin).
· Step 2: Cleaning Dry Skin
· If you have dry skin, use a gentle cleanser that doesn't have alcohol or fragrance. Those ingredients can dry your skin out even more. Gently wash your skin, then rinse with plenty of warm water. Don't use hot water because it removes the natural oils from your face faster. Try exfoliating once a week to get rid of flaky skin cells. It will make your skin look clearer and more even.